Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So this is the new radio show blog for Finn's Revolution!, huh? Let's kick it off on this first day of '08 with my as-of-the-moment BEST OF 2007 list, shall we? You can hear these recordings live on the airwaves tonight.

Top 20 Albums

1. RADIOHEAD  In Rainbows
2. THURSTON MOORE  Trees Outside the Academy
3. ANDREW BIRD  Armchair Apocrypha
4. TURBO FRUITS  s/t
5. THE WHITE STRIPES  Icky Thump
6. BOOK OF KNOTS  Traineater
7. ROBERT WYATT  Comicopera
8. JOE STRUMMER (et al)  The Future is Unwritten
9. SONIC YOUTH  Daydream Nation Deluxe Edition
10. EARTHLESS  Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky
11. THE STOOGES  The Weirdness
12. WAX TAILOR  Hope & Sorrow
13. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE  Strawberry Jam
14. BLONDE REDHEAD  23
15. BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW  Dandelion Gum
16. M.I.A.  Kala
17. THE BEASTIE BOYS  The Mix-Up
18. Aa  gAame
19. PAMELIA KURSTIN  Thinking Out Loud
20. MAGIK MARKERS  Boss

Of course, the following could also easily slip in there, too, depending on me mood: the fine I'M NOT THERE Soundtrack, CARIBOU, BJORK's Volta, PISSED JEANS' Hope For Men, the great SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE album Shelter From The Ash, DEVENDRA BANHART's Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Mountain, LAVENDER DIAMOND, PANDA BEAR's Person Pitch, and most certainly ROBYN HITCHCOCK's I Wanna Go Backwards collection. As for a pure (ie, no new tunes/remixes/outakes) compilation/reissue album, gotta go old-school with the STAX 50th Anniversary collection, and as to live, JOHN CALE's Circus Live. Before I continue to second guess meself (I'll leave that to you), from myself, Alison & Miss Ira Bean, I bid you a fond Happy 2008......
Cheers!
Finn

No comments: